Opportunity DescriptionShaunavon and District Emergency Measurers Coordinator
The Shaunavon and District Emergency Measurers Coordinator is responsible for emergency management within the boundaries of the Rural and Urban Communities surrounding, and including Shaunavon. This person usually works behind the scenes to ensure that all emergency services have the support they need in the event of a crisis, whether natural or man-made. This person shall respond to the needs of the community that go beyond the services of the first responders.
Typically, an emergency management coordinator participates in the development and implementation of
emergency management plans. It is his or her job to make sure that local emergency planning and emergency preparedness programs are coordinated so that they can be used at any given time of the day. In the event of crisis, there is great responsibility on the shoulders of an emergency management coordinator.
Emergency Measurers Coordinator Education Requirement (Committee is willing to train)
Emergency Management and Fire Safety | Basic Emergency Management (BEM) Emergency
Management and Fire Safety | EOC Crisis | ICS 100, 200 and 300 | Sask Alert - Have an awareness of the program and potentially be trained to provide alerts in a back-up role. Emergency Management and Fire Safety - Training subject to change as per EMFS Requirements
Emergency Measurers Coordinator Job Description
1. Collaborate with various departments and agencies to provide emergency management support
to the Shaunavon and District Fire and Rescue Committee.
2. Develop and implement plans, procedures and protocols to maintain awareness regarding
3. Assist in the development and implementation of plans and strategic and operational procedures
and protocols to execute emergency management functions.
4. Review incident action plans and provide input on emergency management goals and objectives.
5. Create incident management reports, including organizational charts and job action sheets and
present to the whole committee for approval.
6. Coordinate the logistics of disaster response or crises management activities including
evacuations, and implement special needs programs and plans.
7. Develop and maintain effective liaison with municipalities.
8. Perform tests and evaluations on currently implemented emergency plans.
9. May be required to manage legislated forms and province reporting.
Establish and Maintain Mutual Aid Agreements:
Mennonite Disaster Services
Oilfield and Industry
Others as Required
This position shall be paid a monthly Per-Diem as set determined by the SDFR Committee.