RESIDENTIAL SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING:
• Pick up will be in the Back Alley
• Front of Cart Must Face the Alley with 3 Feet Clearance of All Obstacles (this includes fence - if up against fence driver will assume cart does not need to be emptied) Check for overhead lines - there must be 14 feet of vertical clearance.
• Regular Pick Ups - Click on the link below to see the 2017 Recycling Pick Up Schedules. (note: the 2017 schedule has been updated to reflect the pickup date changes in December)
• The BROCHURE that you received is a generic brochure and not specific to Shaunavon. It is for information purposes regarding acceptable recyclable products only.
• The LIDS are a bit warped due to shipping, they will straighten out in time
• IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A TOTE please contact the Town Office at 306-297-2605
2017 Recycling Pick Up Schedule (Updated)
The blue recycling totes and the recycling service have been made available at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE
to the residents of the Town of Shaunavon.
• Totes were delivered to occupied households only, if property becomes inhabited in future, please call the Town Office
to arrange for delivery of a recycling tote.
• Businesses are encouraged to pursue their options with various recycling service providers
• Residents who wish to have more frequent pick ups of their recycling must make arrangements directly with Triways Disposal Service (306-773-7575). Charges for additional pick ups are the responsibility of the resident.
• The SARCAN Recycling Depot will continue to operate as normal.
• Southwest Waste Management will continue to offer Single Stream Recycling at the south end of Centre Street and at the
Download the Triways Residential Single Stream Curbside Recycling Brochure for information about single stream recycling.
The Town of Shaunavon anticipates that this service will help to make recycling easier and more accessible for our residents and will help to reduce the amount of waste being sent to the landfill.
Please watch for more details as they become available. Call the Town Office at 306-297-2605 for more information
The Town of Shaunavon has converted to a tote system for garbage collection.
If you find that the tote is not sufficient for your waste requirements, please contact the Town Office, we would like to
hear from the residents regarding size and functionality prior to finalizing the arrangements for special requests.
Example: multi user residential properties such as a duplex or rental suite property
If you are a small commercial entity and you would like to convert to a tote system please contact the office.
GUIDELINES FOR CART USAGE: RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
- Use of the cart is mandatory.
- All materials placed in your cart must be bagged.
- NO refuse is to be placed on the top of the cart.
- Excess refuse left beside the cart will not be picked up.
Residential carts are to be placed in the BACK ALLEY prior to 8:00 am on your designated waste collection day.
It should be returned to a location near your residence within 12 hours, with the lid closed.
If your household has minimal garbage, you do not have to set your cart out every week.
- Please continue recycling.
The following items are NOT to be placed in your cart:
Chemicals - Building/Demolition Material - Explosives
Dirt, Rocks, Sand - Animal Carcasses - Flammable Liquids
Pesticides - Metal/Steel - Tires - Motor Oil
Electronics - Batteries - Medications
Paint - Ashes - Branches
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please contact the Town Office with any questions you may have. 306-297-2605
SOUTHWEST WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY REGIONAL LANDFILL
LOCATION: Highway 13 - Dollard, SK
Open Monday through Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturdays from November 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018, Sundays and Statutory Holidays
Landfill phone number 306-297-4020
PLEASE NOTE: The Landfill will be CLOSED Saturday, October 7, 2017 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Southwest Waste Management Rates
Accepted & Rejected Items
Where To Recycle
Littering is against the law!
If you are caught littering Fines start at $500.00.
Notice someone littering? Please report this to the RCMP at 297-5550 or call SaskTIP at 1800-667-7561 or Sask cell phone call #5555.
Find garbage dumped somewhere it should not be? Please report this to the RCMP.
Please be considerate and responsible - it is everyone’s duty to protect our environment!
When transporting garbage to the landfill please ensure that your loads are secure.
RECYCLE BINS FOR PLASTICS #1 - #7 ONLY
are now located on the lot South of SARCAN in Shaunavon
Download information about Plastic Recycling Codes
Single Stream Recycling: WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
- Loose Paper and Cardboard (Newspapers, Inserts and Flyers, TV guides, Boxboard, Envelopes, Junk Mail, Magazines,
Paper Bags, Phone books, Pizza Boxes, Writing Paper and Corrugated Cardboard)
- Aluminum (Clean Aluminum Foil and Clean Foil Containers)
- Metal (All clean and dry food and beverage cans and tins)
- Plastic (All rigid bottles, tubs, milk jugs - any containers with recycling labelled with #1-#7)
- Refundable Beverage Containers (All beverage containers)
- Plastic Bags Must be all placed in ONE bag - NO loose single bags
Single Stream Recycling: WHAT CAN’T I RECYCLE?
Non Acceptable Materials:
- Hazardous Materials (Paint Cans, aerosols, lighters, car batteries, or oil)
- Electronics (these items can be recycled properly at SARCAN)
- Houseware items (drinking glasses, garden hoses, mirrors, light bulbs, ceramics, utensils and appliances)
- Foam (Cups, food containers, egg cartons or packaging)
- Plastic that is NOT a container (CD Cases, pens, straws, forks, spoons, knives)
- Mixed Packaging (Deodorant sticks, toothpaste tubes, frozen juice containers, or anything made with more than one material)
- Contaminated Containers (Nothing with food, chemical or liquid remnants)
- Building Materials (Wood, drywall, tile, nails, concrete, bricks, vinyl siding, etc)
- Scrap Metal (Metal items can be recycled for a refund at Swift Current Steel)
- Loose Plastic Bags (only accepted if multiple bags are bunched and placed inside of a bag)
- Waxed Cardboard
IF IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT!
BATTERIES: Recycling for household batteries - Free - Please bring batteries to Landfill Office
If you have questions or require further information, please call the Landfill Office 306-297-4020